Saturday, April 14, 2018

Homework in Foreign Language Teaching: what kind of homework are language teachers assigning, and why?

In preparing for an inset on homework in my school, I began looking for advice on best practices for homework in the foreign language classroom. This sort of literature is pretty hard to find. I also realised I don't really know all that much about the homework my colleagues in the Foreign Languages department of my school are assigning, so I decided to ask them. Here is the survey I sent. The results will help us as a department to share tips, reflect on our own practice, and align our homework with the philosophy of the school.



I would be very interested in seeing how foreign-language teachers outside of my school would answer these questions, so I am publishing them here. If you're filling it out, first of all many thanks, and second, the survey is designed for the MYP and DP teachers at an IB school, so some of the wording reflects that. There is also one question about Zurich, where I teach, so you can change that question in your head to "my local area," or skip it. Regardless, the survey should apply to just about any foreign language teacher of any curriculum, anywhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your comment here, in English or German